Jenkins How to Configure Jenkins
Note: The below steps illustrate how to install and configure Jenkins a windows environment and using the Apache Tomcat web server.
- Download the latest Jenkins.war from https://jenkins-ci.org/. Towards the right-click on the link latest and download the latest war file.
- Deploy the Jenkins.war file in the local web server of our machine. E.g. Tomcat
- Start the server and open the browser and hit the URL http://localhost:8080/jenkins (Default Port of Jenkins 8080)
- Click on the create new jobs link to configure a project. Enter the details of the project as shown below and click OK.
- In the next page, fill all the required details like - description, path of the project's pom.xml and other details and click save.
- A project/job is created in Jenkins. As shown below :
- Click on the Build now an option as shown above. This will read the pom.xml and pull out the latest code and executes a build process and generates the jar/war file accordingly.
- Click on the build number link and it opens up the build details. Click on the console output to see the logs of the build.